03 February 2011

Groundhog's Day Again

That was a little joke, y'see.

Here's today's project, another prototype bookmark. Spent a lot of time doing sketches, and this is just one of the ideas I scratched out. It was easier than yesterday's, and perhaps easier than tomorrow's. I am particularly pleased with how much this one matches the sketch.

protoaction030211

Again, a prototype. A few technical details stand between me and a finished piece, not least the question of how to harden the metal. I find myself actually wondering if I can use a stand mixer in place of a polishing tumbler.

More pictures in Flickr, just click through the pic from here.

2 comments:

224215152 said...

How do you make them? Saw or casting or something else?

Holly said...

Cut out from a sheet of copper with a hand saw. I'll probably give the scroll saw a go soon, but I need a zero-clearance plate to go around the blade ... which I have to make myself ... which seems like a lotta work...