Ideally, I wouldn't actually go there with a plan for a finished item, just see what's there and come up with a concept on the spot. However, for a first run, I imagine a basic plan might be a really good idea, so I'll at least know what tools to take, and what to budget for materials.
Things I already know I'll need:
- camera (for documentation)
- something to sit on (there is a little drinking area there, that might suffice)
- a wide brimmed hat (there is no shade)
- some money to buy base materials
- some courage to talk to strangers about what I'm doing / trying to sell
- a basic tool kit (a way to cut things apart, a way to join things together, a way to clean up rough edges, a way to clean up dirty bits, a few spare parts, and whatever else seems like a good idea)
- ... other? A bag lunch. 'cause if no one is going with me, I can't just walk away from my project to get lunch, I guess.