24 March 2009

Two days' worth...

This is a poor photograph if a watercolor study that I started yesterday. I may or may not actually complete it, there are a number of technical and compositional errors. And, besides that, it's just a study--I wanted to know how this would look, if I put a bit more depth into the mosaic style I was working with last year.

There is a great deal of potential in this, and I suspect this will lead to another composition of a more complete nature in the near future. I may even get ambitious and take a better picture of this one.

Or. You know. Not. You can never can tell with me. Unending surprises around here...

4 comments:

Regan said...

You already know I'm gonna say... I love the scroll-y bit. Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

I love this. I can actually see some depth to this. I want to touch the picture and feel the mosaic-y bits. :)

Anonymous said...

I happen to like this a lot. I'm a bit unsure about the block and pyramid, but I really like the composition, and the colors.

kate said...

Really beautiful! Thanks for sharing your artwork. :)